September 30th, 2022 is the deadline for applications
Do you want to advance your career? Looking for a chance to do so? DESERVING candidates are eligible for the METI internship grant offered by the Japanese government.
METI will offer internship grants to graduates and overseas students who wish to advance their careers.
Criteria for selecting candidates:
In order to qualify, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- An understanding of the program’s objectives and a desire to lend expertise to the host firm’s operations
- A resident or citizen of any nation listed on the OECD/DAC List, excluding the People’s Republic of China, and a citizen of any nation listed on the OECD/DAC List.
- Perform internship work for four hours per day, five days a week, Monday through Friday, in a designated workspace, as in Course-A.
- Proficiency in English and/or Japanese language (JLPT N3 and above) (Business Level)
- I am submitting the following file(s):
- The academic advisor’s letter of recommendation is required for students in university or graduate school
- Graduating students: a diploma or graduation certificate
- If applicable, submitting a certificate of useful qualifications for internships
- Having the opportunity to attend pre- and post-orientations
- Being able to follow instructions from the JIP office and the host company.
Program Duration: 1 to 3 Months (Varies)
Benefits of the program
- Japan trip expenses will be covered by the internship.
- Activity-specific insurance coverage
- Interns may borrow computers, LANs, cell phones, etc., for communication purposes.
The application process
- A new account must be registered on the dedicated website for interested applicants.
- To register, click [SIGN UP(Free)] on this link. Your information needs to be filled out in around 10 minutes.
- When you have registered an account, open the page again and confirm that you are logged in, then click [Apply Status] and [Apply] buttons to submit your application.