IIST Austria: Fully Funded Graduate Internships and PhD Positions 2024
Fully-Funded Graduate Internships and Positions in Austria: Applications are invited from bachelor and masters degree holders in the natural sciences worldwide to apply for internships and a number of PhD positions in various fields of Sciences. IST Austria is looking for highly qualified candidates to apply for the available positions
The institute offers fully-funded PhD positions in the natural and mathematical sciences in a world-class research environment on the outskirts of Vienna. IST Austria currently has in surplus of 53 professors which were selected from over 11,000 applicants. It is one of the ranking institutes for the teaching and development of science.
Program Sponsor(s): IST Austria
Program Type: Graduate Internship/Jobs
Host Institution (s): IST Austria
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students.
Also, Check: finduddannelse.dk Sustainability Scholarship (For Students Globally)
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
If you want to do a PhD program at IST Austria, you need to have a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in science. You will be asked to submit proof of your previous degree(s) when you apply.
Students who have a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in the following (or interdisciplinary) areas are eligible to apply PhD Positions in Austria –Institute of Science and Technology:
- Computer Science
- and interdisciplinary or related areas
The following considerations may be made in the selections of candidates;
- undergraduate performance: overall, with a special focus on relevant field-specific courses
- reference letters provided by professors and senior scientists: one letter from industry is acceptable, but letters from an academic background are given priority; referees are asked to address analytical capabilities, technical proficiency, ability to work independently and motivation/commitment;
- statement of purpose: the applicant’s past research experience and motivation for applying to this particular PhD program: is it a good academic fit? does the program contribute to the candidate’s future career plans?, etc.;
- additional relevant skills (field-specific): demonstrated in, e.g., internships and/or participation in research projects, participation in science Olympiads, programming languages, lab techniques, etc.
- English Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in both oral and written communication in English.
The program offers internationally competitive salaries, full health benefits, and subsidized on-campus housing in the first year.
See Also: Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship at the University of Amsterdam
How-to-Apply: IST Austria calls for applications once every year. The application portal will be available in the Fall of this year. To apply, you have to create an online account, which will allow you to track your application through its various stages. Applications and documents received outside of the specified system are not accepted. Continue the application page to about the internshipsand the PhD positions currently available.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is Jan 8 (23:59 CET) for PhD entry in September