PowerSchool Student and Parent Portal Login Guide
PowerSchool is a Learning Management system used by the school institutions mostly for the K-12 to carry out academic activities. It is a web-based software that lets parents and students access study materials online and in the comfort of their homes.
The PowerSchool LMS helps you to access real-time assignments, grades and attendance, request academic reports, and interact with the teachers.
The main goal of PowerSchool Learning is to create a good educational environment by using the technology that enables educators and students to utilize their full academic potential. There are amazing features and benefits to enjoy with the use of PowerSchool Learning.
How to Use PowerSchool Learning for Students
PowerSchool easily connects teachers, parents, and students and is used to monitor grades, manage active enrollments and assignment submissions, share course documents, and facilitate message correspondence between students and their teachers.
Every school provides students with a student identification number and password in order for them to access the school resources. Some schools will ask you to log into another domain before accessing PowerSchool.
Once you login as a user the Dashboard will display information from all of your courses. The course home will have unique features that can help you navigate recently updated content.
12 Amazing PowerSchool Features
1. It helps both teachers and students to customize the dashboard interface to arrange their important information in one place.
2. You can keep watch for changes to grades and attendance with the push notifications feature.
3. Once you register you can receive email alerts for grades, attendance, or assignments on your phone.
4. Let you view the real-time updates of grades and attendance.
5. View a calendar showing all assignment due dates.
6. It reduces the learning cost and time of travel and space arrangements.
7. It also lets you check the school’s daily bulletin board.
8. It Allows the Administrator to review teacher comments.
9. It helps in tracking individual development progress.
10. Monitor meal and fee balances and more.
11. PowerSchool learning provides an all-in-one platform for learning and upgrading the skill set.
12.PowerSchool provides tons of online courses.
Now that you have seen the features, let’s now further on how to utilize the PowerSchool Software.
PowerSchool Student Sign Up
If you are a student and you want to participate in PowerSchool class activities here is a step-by-step instruction you can follow to get signed up for your new class on PowerSchool Learning.
If you already have a PowerSchool student account, you can simply login. If you do not have a PowerSchool account, then follow the guide below to create an account.
1. By using a web browser of your choice, go to the web address for the class you are invited to join.
2. Once you are on the login page type in your Invitation code in the invitation code field.
3. Click on the “Next” button.
4. You’re now to click the “Student” button to create the account.
5. Fill out the Create a New Account form and then click “Create Account.”
6. After you click “Create Account” you will be given a username and password.
7. Click “Continue to my class” or you can use your new username and password to login at mylearning.powerschool.com.
You have successfully created a new PowerSchool student account, you can log in to your account at https://mylearning.powerschool.com/do/account/login.
On the PowerSchool student portal login page, you’ll be required to provide the username and password you created when you signed up for your account.
Note: Once you create a PowerSchool student account with your invitation code, the code expires. And you can’t log in using that invitation code. Now it must be your username and password.
PowerSchool Student Login
For students to log in to PowerSchool, they must be assigned a login detail from their school’s administrator or educator. Thus, you need to ask your school teacher or administrator to give you the PowerSchool URL for your school.
Each school has its own different PowerSchool URL address. Now to login:
1. Enter your school PowerSchool URL in your preferred browser and click “Enter.”
2. Click on “Student Access.” The Username and Password fields will appear on your screen.
3. Type in your account login details, then click “Submit.”
In some schools, the username will be your Student ID number. You will now be taken to the PowerSchool dashboard for students.
You might also like: Canvas Student Portal Login and Utility Guides for Students
Parent Portal for PowerSchool
By signing up as a Parent Observer in PowerSchool you can link your PowerSchool account to your student’s account so you can see assignment dues dates, announcements, and other course content.
Contact your child’s school to obtain the PowerSchool URL and login credentials for each of your children. Every school has its own different PowerSchool URL, and each student has his or her own personal login information.
Powerschool Sign Up Parents and Login
To join as a parent:
1. Get your browser and enter the PowerSchool URL.
2. Click on “Parent Access.” The Username and Password fields will appear on your screen.
3. If you don’t have an account already click on “Create Account,” then provide all the necessary information. Such as your first name, last name, and email address
4. Enter the names of each of your students in the “Student Name” box.
5. Now to login to your account as a parent, enter your PowerSchool login credentials for each of your students into the “Access ID” and “Access Password” sections.
6. Your login details should be given to you by either your children or a school staff member. 7. The Access ID will be your child’s unique student ID number. Make sure you Indicate your relationship with each child from the “Relationship” section.
7. Once you finish, click on “Enter”. Your PowerSchool Parent account will now be activated.
Now you can access PowerSchool LMS using the username and password you created. From here you will now be logged in to the PowerSchool parent account
You can access grades, attendance, school bulletins, teacher comments, calendars, and more from your dashboard.
PowerSchool app gives parents and students access to real-time information on grades, attendance, assignments, scores, and comments. It has an easy-to-use interface and good design. The app facilitates teachers, parents,s and students’ activities of monitoring and learning easily.
PowerSchool Mobile is available to Parents and Students to download for free on the following links:
- iTunes App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/powerschool-mobile/id973741088?mt=8
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.powerschool.portal.
Just as when logging in on the PowerSchool website, Students should ask their school administrator for their login credentials.
How to Find PowerSchool Student Password
Students can change or reset their passwords through the website as long as the school allows this feature. Users do have challenges here but if this happens you can contact your school for help.
To reset password on your school’s web portal:
1. Visit the PowerSchool website and click the link “Forgot password”
2. Fill in the email address you used to create the account.
3. Click receive a reset password link
4. You’ll receive the email as an email from your school. If you aren’t seeing the email, check your email spam folder.
5. Click on the password reset link in the email you receive.
6. Click on “Create a new password”.
7. Enter a new password and confirm if on the second field.
8. Click “Save Changes”
You can now sign in to the website to know if the password has been reset successfully.
PowerSchool grades is one of the features in the PowerSchool Learning app that shows published Grades in active Classes. You can access the Gradebooks for your classes by selecting the Grades option in the left-hand menu. It allows teachers/educators to grade their student’s performance.
It is a powerful tool for educators to enter grades for Students directly in their Classes in the Learning system. Gradebook names are displayed as Gradebook.
If you have a class schedule, you can also check it by clicking the Term menu at the top of the panel to switch between Terms and Grading Periods.
How to Check Grades on PowerSchool
To check your Gradebooks
1. Click the Grades icon under the menu. Doing so will direct you to the list of Gradebooks for all of the learning Classes in which you are a Teacher.
2. To check Grades for a specific Class, expand My Classes and select the Gradebook. This will show any Roster Sections in the Class.
3. Select a Section to show all entries currently published in the Gradebook listing each Student in your Class, including their grade
4. Select All “Categories” to filter between different categories. You can also use the Search icon to find grade book entries across your classes.
5. Choose a student to show the Gradebooks associated with the Student in the learning classes you teach.
6. Select a Gradebook to view “Grade and Entry” details and then choose a Gradebook entry from the “Latest Grades” list.
7. Tap an entry for a student to view details about that Gradebook Entry.
If your Gradebook has more than one Term or Category, the menus will also appear on this dashboard.
That is it on PowerSchool student and parent login guide.
You might also read: Moodle Student Portal Login and Its Roles in Education.