Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students (PBEEE) 2024 – 2025
Applications are currently invited from eligible and outstanding candidates for Québec Government Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students. This will support the internationalization of research activities in Québec’s higher education institutions.
The Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT) is responsible for managing the program. It was commissioned by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec (MEES) which provides the funding.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Québec Government, Canada
Host Institution(s): Québec University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters, Doctoral & Postdoctoral
Nationality: International Students
See Also: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023/2024 [Fully Funded, $50,000 per Annum]
DETAILS | Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students
The program has a component open to students of all countries and five specific components reserved for students from Brazil, China, India, Israel and Wallonia. These specific components arise from agreements concluded between Québec and foreign governments.
This program covers higher education as a whole by providing CCTT researchers and administrators with the opportunity to participate.
- Attract top foreign researchers and students and promote international recognition of Québec universities and College Centres for the Transfer of Technologies (CCTT);
- Create cultural links and pave the way for the setting up of joint scientific research projects.
To be eligible for Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- This competition is open to all candidates who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who have not applied for permanent residence under Canadian immigration laws.
- These scholarships are intended for foreign students or researchers from all research sectors (health, humanities and social sciences, arts and letters, natural sciences, and engineering)
- Candidates are eligible for doctoral merit program scholarships from MEES in the first nine semesters of their doctoral studies.
- Postdoctoral scholarships are intended for researchers who have obtained their PhD no more than two years before the competition deadline or who submitted their doctoral dissertation by January 15, 2024.
Also Apply: Top 10 Scholarships in Canada [Paying $50,000 and Above]
How-to-Apply: Once preselected, the candidate must create an account in the FRQnet system. The FRQNT will then contact all preselected candidates to complete an electronic form to which the required documents will be attached, and which must be submitted electronically by the competition deadline time and date set by the Fonds.
The form may be completed in French or English. Candidates who apply in English must provide a French title for their project.
Please refer to the Presentation Standards for Attached Files in the FRQnet electronic Portfolio when preparing the files to be attached to the form.
Files cannot be updated after the application deadline.
All required documents must be included in the application for it to be considered eligible. Any documents that are illegible, of a poor resolution or that do not allow verification of the application’s eligibility will be rejected.
Documents submitted in a language other than French or English must be accompanied by a basic translation.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2023