DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship, Sub-Saharan Africa 2024/2025 [Fully Funded]
Call for PhD Scholarship Applications 2024: Applications are now being received for the 2024/2025 DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme (Sub-Saharan Africa) at University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin. Interested cadidates are invited to apply.
The scholarships are offered for PhD in Agronomic Sciences [Major Biometry]. It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with University of Abomey Calavu by offering up to 4 In-Country and 6 In-Region scholarships for PhD studies at University of Abomey-Calavi for the intake 2024.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
- Host Institution(s): University of Abomey Calavu
- Scholarship Worth: See the Scholarship value (below)
- Number of Awards: Up to 10 scholarships
- Study Level: PhD
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan Africans
To be eligible for the DAAD In-Country In-Region Scholarship Programmes, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants postgraduates with a first academic degree, who have successfully completed a two-year university Master’s degree (or equivalent) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent, if applicable) Candidates who cannot provide a Second Class/Upper Division or a higher result are non-applicable;
- Applicants must clearly show motivation and strong commitment;
- Applicants have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction;
- Applicants must have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- Applicants must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan Africa country;
Applicants should generally be:
- Staff member of a public university, or
- A Candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment,
- From the public sector and/or
- Alumni of the DAFI-programme. Female applicants, refugees with recognized refugee status and candidates from other less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme. Please note: If you have already received a PhD scholarship from the DAAD, further PhD funding from the DAAD is not possible.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
Successful applicants for the DAAD In-Country In-Region Scholarship Programmes will receive the following:
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders:
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
How-to-Apply: As a first step, all applicants must submit a complete application for the programme via the DAAD Portal.
The application process for DAAD scholarships contains the following steps:
- Register on the portal (link here)
- Log in to the portal and click on the “Application” tab
- Carefully complete the online form and upload the required documents
- Submit your application via the portal by deadline.
Application Deadline: November 23, 2024