Fully Funded Scholarships in Switzerland 2024/2025
Looking for study abroad scholarships? International students from all nationalities can now take advantage to apply for these Fully Funded Scholarships in Switzerland 2024/2025 to study in Switzerland.
Switzerland attracts and boasts of a yearly influx of thousands of international students owing to her high quality education, fantastic infrastructure and excellent healthcare system, amongst other goodies.
On a yearly basis, there are more than 10000 fully funded scholarships in Switzerland for international students from all over the world. Below are some of the most popular scholarships you can apply for to start in 2023 fully funded.
Scholarships in Switzerland 2024 | Top List
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are awarded for both masters and PhD studies. The first category offers outstanding master’s degree holders the opportunity to carry out PhD research in Switzerland. The scholarship covers research in all subject areas and master’s study in all fields.
It also offers bachelor’s degree holders from 180 countries the opportunity to study Master’s of art degree programmes. About 10% of the Swiss Excellence Government Scholarship is allocated for art scholarships. The applications for 2024/2025 intake are now open and be accessed from the dedicated application portal.
This fully funded scholarship covers the following:
- Accommodation allowance (CHF 300 housing allowance).
- Full tuition fee cover
- Medical insurance.
- Monthly stipends (CHF 1,920).
- Airfare allowance.
- Research funding
Requirements for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
The following documents are required for the application for the Swiss government excellence scholarship:
- A motivational letter.
- CV which states academic achievements, and publications
- A filled FCS research proposal form
- A Bachelor’s certificate for art students or master’s certificate
- Academic transcripts from previous institutions
- A nomination letter from a Professor at a Swiss university stating his/her willingness to supervise the applicant’s research
- Signed FCS medical certificate form
- Two copies of the applicant’s international passport (applicants with dual citizenship should add copies of both passports).
- Two recommendation letters (using the FCS reference forms) from previous professors in home country
- Other requirements that may be specific to programme of study
ETH Zurich Scholarships.
It is a world-class University known for its excellent research and education in the fields of medicine, neuroscience, economics, and others. ETH Zurich offers fully-funded scholarships to students from all over the world who are looking to study a master’s program at ETH Zurich.
ETH Zurich offers the following fully funded scholarships for international students:
- The Excellence Scholarship and Opportunity Program (ESOP)– This scholarship is for brilliant students who intend to pursue a master’s program at ETH Zurich. This scholarship covers full tuition waiver, mentorship, networking, and a grant (CHF 12,000 per semester) for living expenses.
- ETH-D Scholarship-This scholarship covers full tuition waiver as well as CHF 7,500 per semester to cover living expenses. The applicant’s department may also offer graduate assistantship roles that pay between CHF 500 – CHF 600 per month. Alternatively, they may provide a scholarship of CHF 3000 per semester.
Requirements to Apply for ETH Zurich Scholarships
- A completed online application form for both scholarships. ESOP and ETH-D Scholarships applications are supplied via the university’s online Master application eApply portal.
- A non-plagiarized and well-cited pre-proposal for a master’s thesis
- Details of two referees.
The application for ETH Zurich scholarships usually will open in November.
University of Geneva Excellence Master’s Scholarships
The University of Geneva is a top public research university in Switzerland. It has world-class research facilities and offers numerous English-taught programs to international students.
The university is a member of the League of European Research Universities, along with other renowned universities such as the Universities of Oxford, and Imperial College London. Due to its quality of education and research, it has so far produced 10 Nobel Prize winners.
Although not completely fully funded, international students looking for fully funded scholarships in the science field can apply for this scholarship to get a huge financial relief. Recipients of the scholarship are awarded from CHF 10,000 to CHF 15,000 per year. This amount can be used to cover either master’s tuition, fees, accommodation costs, or other expenses.
Requirements to Apply for the University of Geneva Excellence Master’s Scholarship
- Two letters of recommendation from previous professors
- A CV
- Bachelor’s degree transcript
- A motivational letter that describes academic goals and research interests
- Proof that the applicant has started the matriculation process or scan of an international passport and University of Geneva card.
- English proficiency test scores or GRE scores
Applications for this scholarship will open in December.
You can access even scholarships to study in Switzerland fully funded through the tag: Scholarships in Switzerland. Interestingly, it is also possible to get a waiver for language proficiency tests, refer to our post on Top Switzerland Scholarships to Study Without IELTS.