Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme for South Africans 2024
Applications are invited from suitably qualified South Africans to apply for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme aimed at supporting undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Education for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Funza Lushaka bursaries cover most of the recipient’s essential expenses. Expenses covered include tuition fees, accommodation including meals, books and learning materials, teaching practice and if possible a small allowance for monthly living expenses.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of South Africa
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Host Institution(s): Higher Educational Institutions in South Africa
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Nationality: South Africans
Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme for South Africans, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be 30 years and below to qualify for the Funza Lushaka Bursary.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- The Funza Lushaka bursary does not fund extended programmes.
- The applicant must be accepted into an approved B.Ed. degree or PGCE programme to specialise in two or more of the priority subject areas.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges with integrity.
- The applicant must be committed to teach in any school to which a student may be placed by a Provincial Education Department (PED).
- Students must meet the minimum academic criteria for award of the bursary.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2024 are to visit the application portal and follow the steps outlined (below):
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2024 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
Application Deadline: Not specified